Looking for a last minute travel idea? Arbor House of Black Mountain, NC, invites you to spend your North Carolina vacation amidst the beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Guests are invited to read these provisions and note their responsibilities, arrangements for payments, cancellation terms and limitations on the liability of Arbor House of Black Mountain B&B.
Rates, Check-in and Check-out
- Rates/Policies are subject to change and vary during high impact periods and special requests. Rates are for one or two people and include a complimentary full three course breakfast.
- Check-in time is 3:30 PM to 7:00 PM. We will, however, be happy to check you in early, if the room is not occupied and has been cleaned. If we are at the B&B, we can provide you with keys to the room and leave your bags to be put in the room by the innkeeper. Just as you would expect your room to be ready at check-in time, we are counting on you to arrive as close to the specified time as possible. Please e-mail or phone us to let us know if your scheduled arrival time has changed just in case we have to run errands. We do understand that at times plane flights might be delayed etc. and it may prove impossible to contact us, but a phone call or email is really appreciated if at all possible. You will be invoiced for an additional check-in charge if you arrive before 2:00 p.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Payment can be made by American Express, Master Card, Visa, and cash upon arrival (no personal checks). Cash payment gets a 5% discount. Balance of bill charged to card upon arrival unless we are notified of different payment. Bill includes state and local sales tax (7.00%) and the Buncombe county local room occupancy tax (6%).
- Check-out time is 11:00 AM, as we have to prepare the room for the next check-in. If you have a late flight to catch, you are welcome to leave your baggage with us for the day.
- Off-street Parking is provided for all guests on the Arbor House of Black Mountain North Carolina grounds (limit of one guest vehicle per room).
- 10% Discounts for all veterans for mid-week stays; week-long stays; January-April, except holidays. Reduced rates may not be in effect during special promotions. No package or other discount can be included when a gift card is utilized.
- Business Travelers: We offer special midweek rates and policies for our business travelers. Please ask the innkeeper. We will be happy to help you have a comfortable stay while completing your business in the area.
- Group bookings for the entire Arbor House Bed and Breakfast grounds are available. This includes events such as corporate retreats, weddings, reunions, ladies weekends, etc. Group events should be booked directly with the Innkeeper by phone as the prices and policies may vary for special events. Group bookings are due in full 30 days prior to event dates.
- The property can be used for weddings for a maximum of 20 people. Parking is limited. These events should be booked directly with the innkeeper by phone.
- Two-night weekend minimum stay is required from May to October and all major holidays.
- Smoke-free facility; smoking permitted out-of-doors in designated area on the property.
- Our Studio Rental allows children and dogs. The two following rules are enforced for the Bed and Breakfast.
- Regrettably pets are not allowed in the B&B. The Innkeepers’ pet is confined to the owners’ quarters.
- In the B&B, children over twelve years old are welcome. All rooms are rated for 2 people maximum occupancy. No sleeping bags or cots can be brought in to rooms. Our Bed & Breakfast is an adult facility.
- Alcoholic Beverages are not sold by Arbor House of Black Mountain North Carolina as we do not hold a license to resell alcoholic beverages. Guests may bring their own, but for the safety and comfort of all of our guests, please drink responsibly. There are several establishments to purchase locally as well. Arbor House and/or employees will not be held responsible for any incidents.
- Fire is hazardous. For the safety and comfort of all of our guests, we do not allow smoking, cooking, fireworks or incense/candle burning in any of our guest rooms. Guests smoking in the house will be charged a minimum $200 fee to return any room to a non-smoking status.
- Oils for spas and beds are not permitted and will result in an additional charge for cleaning or maintenance.
- Visitor Policy: The Arbor House of Black Mountain North Carolina is a private place for rest and relaxation. Use of the room/suite areas is reserved exclusively for our registered guests. Guest visitors are only permitted on the property with prior innkeeper approval.
- Items left behind: Regular items left behind require you to contact us for returns. We will be happy to put it in the UPS pack to mail back to you for a flat fee of $20.00 plus package and shipping.
- Gift certificates may be purchased by calling the Bed and Breakfast. We redeem gift certificates issued only by the Arbor House of Black Mountain North Carolina and are non-transferable.
- While reasonable wear and tear is anticipated, negligent damages found to be the responsibility of a guest will be assessed and charged to the guest. Please report all spills and/or damages to the innkeepers promptly.
It is the responsibility of our guests at the time of booking to consider these policies. Please be sure of your dates and travel plans before you book your stay with us. Once we have committed to hold a room for you, we will turn subsequent inquiries away. Due to the intimate size of our B&B, any cancellations greatly affect us. We appreciate your understanding of our policies as explained below.
- Reservation deposit: All reservations made by phone, email, or online are charged a non-refundable $50 at the time of booking.
- Cancellations and refunds: Cancellations must be made by speaking to the innkeeper. Cancellations or shortening your stay within 10 days of your arrival date and/or checking out early will result in the full charges for the entire time of your reserved stay. If we can rebook your room(s), a full or partial refund will be extended.
- Group Booking Cancellations: Refunds of deposit will be made if cancellation notice is received at least 30 calendar days prior to arrival date. Cancellation policy applies. If less than thirty days and we are able to re-rent the rooms, a full or partial refund will still be extended.
- If the number of nights booked is over 8 nights, the cancellation rules will be the same as a group booking.
- Early Departures: While we sympathize with unforeseen circumstances, once you have checked in, the room is no longer available to rent therefore no refunds will be given.
- No-Shows: If you have a confirmed reservation and you do not arrive, we will consider that to be a No-Show and you forfeit the deposit paid. No Shows will be charged for all reserved dates.
- Gift Certificates: Gift Certificates towards your reservation still require a deposit on the balance, paid with a valid credit card upon reservation, and are subject to all cancellation policies.
- Important: We recommend that you contact your travel agent or credit card company regarding trip cancellation insurance to cover refund of accommodations costs in case of unforeseen changes to your plans (such as, delays, strikes, closure of airspace, death in family, etc.).
- We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. Please do not provide credit card information in you email. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- We will use your information to respond to you. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
- We use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.