Last updated: 6/29/2020
Jim and I want to personally reach out to address the current situation with the coronavirus(COVID-19). Arbor House is accepting reservations starting May 22nd. We take the health and safety of our guests very seriously. The small size of our B&B helps in limiting the risk of exposure. We have a 100% health department rating and are stepping up our cleaning and sanitation. We are adhering to both the state and county health department guidelines for the protection of our guests and residents of Black Mountain and Asheville. We want you to come and relax and rejuvenate, make memories with friends and family, escape from the stress of the lock down and enjoy yourselves.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death…By visiting Arbor House of Black Mountain Bed and Breakfast LLC, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Arbor House Guest Considerations
- We have changed our cancellation policy. We are providing a full refund for cancellations through September 23rd. unless it is within 10 days. We prefer you to not reserve with us if you are concerned about vacationing with this pandemic. We send a reminder 12 days prior to your reservation and will refund your deposit, etc as long as it not within 10 days of your stay.
- As of June 24th, North Carolina is requiring masks unless you are outside 6ft distancing or have been seated at your dining table. We follow the laws and exercise CDC guidelines with face coverings, hygiene, and social distancing.
- Breakfasts –We will seat guests at a private dining table, which will be six feet apart, instead of sitting at our community table(s). We have been serving out on the deck. We are currently limited to three tables on the deck. These are occupied by first come basis. Seating will be relaxed when the Covid-19 cases are stable or going lower and North Carolina and Buncombe County lift restrictions.
- Condiments for coffee will be individually wrapped to avoid handling bottles. We will be serving your morning beverages at your tables instead of using the self-serve pantry.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in common areas.
- Please exercise 6ft social distancing and continue frequent hand washing.
- We can temperature check our guests, upon request.
- Initially, we will provide optional complimentary face coverings during your stay. A nominal fee will be charged, if you use a cloth covering and they are not returned.
- We will no longer be shaking hands or giving hugs to our guests. 🙁
- In attempt to reduce cross contamination, we will not perform our daily serving of your room, unless requested.
- We cannot keep up with other state mandates besides North Carolina and recommend for you to look up your states quarantine requirements.
Behind the Scenes
- Jim and I daily check ourselves for Covid-19 symptoms and will quarantine, if we become sick.
- We are washing our hands frequently, especially before greeting you or servicing you at the table or from the pantry.
- We are opening windows to checked-out rooms and will wait 3 hours prior to cleaning the room.
- We are using CDC approved cleaning products and cleaning more frequently, with a focus on disinfecting public areas, such as the pantry, door handles, railings, furniture, fixtures, remote controls, light switches and trash cans are disinfected (daily, Hourly, etc.).
- We will clean rooms first and then disinfect.
- We will use disposable towels or wipes, if not, change cleaning rags after each suite.
We continue to monitor the situation, taking our guidance from the CDC and local health authorities. Please feel free reach out to us with your questions and concerns. We really appreciate your continued support and look forward to seeing you soon! Stay safe, strong, and positive!
Local Business Resource
Local Covid Resources – We are mostly using Buncombe County site as our resource which includes the towns of Asheville and Black Mountain. They have typically been stricter than North Carolina.
Stay Safe Stay Smart
We encourage you to book online through our secure website or phone the inn at (828) 357-8525 for the best booking experience.