- 1 pound chorizo
- 1/2 Large sweet vidalia onion (macédoine cut)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 10 eggs whisked
- 1 mild diced green chiles – 4 ounce can
- Salt TT to taste
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mexican 4-Cheese Blend Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Asadero & Quesadilla Cheeses (Spanish Manchego works well too)
- 1 Roma tomato Slice lenghtwise into 6 slices
- 1 avocado halved then each half sliced into 9 pieces
- green onions sliced, for garnish
- cilantro diced, for garnish
- Freshly course ground black pepper for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place an 10 inch well seasoned cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and break into small piecesas it cooks. Once halfway cooked , add onion and garlic. Cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Hand whisk together eggs, green chiles and salt.
- With the cast iron skillet over medium-low heat, pour the egg mixture on top of the chorizo then let the mixture cook for 5-10 minutes while very slowly working the eggs into the chorizo.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and put into the oven to cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted
- Pull from oven and add tomato slices in 6-spokes from center, return to oven for 15-25 minutes or until center has set and cheese has browned nicely
- Garnish with sliced avocado, green onions and cilantro and freshly cracked black pepper! Serve with Theresa’s Chili Chocolate Cappuccino Muffins, a Fresh Tomato, Cilantro and Black Bean Salsa and a lime zested fruit of your choice.